Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Updates

The guild I raided with before my break has been having some issues on their home server, Fenris. There just wasn't enough talent to put together a solid 25 man raid group 3 times a week. Many people who did come only came for the easy nights and avoided the wipe progression nights like the plague. The officers got together and discussed how to handle this situation (myself included) and it was decided a server transfer was the best bet to (a) have more options available to us when it came to either recruiting more talent or even pugging in talented players and (b) weed out the people who were obviously not serious enough about raiding to show up when required.

I sat down and thought long and hard about my options. I spoke to my other half, who also has taken a break from raiding. Together we decided I should go back to raiding if it was what I wanted. He is currently studying every night for a career that will most likely take up most of his evenings also. He would prefer I had something to do then sit at home alone bored.

So I transferred Treeannah over to Stormrage with the rest of the core of my guild, Nephilim.The transfer didn't take nearly as long as I thought. Maybe 15 minutes tops. A week my ass!



We ran our first ICC raid last night. There were about 20 Nephilim members and we pugged in the other 5. I think this raid ran smoother than even some of our full raids on Fenris. It was a breath of fresh air. We one-shotted everything up to (and including) Festergut. We had some weird glitch issue with Rotface where he insisted on running out of the room and disappearing (with less than 10% life no less) but we got him easily the next time. My first Rotface kill. And I also finally reached exalted with the Ashen Verdict. Booyeah! And it was great to raid with my friend again, people I have been playing with for almost 3 years now. Oh, and I didn't forget how to play! I mean I am a little behind some of the other players (to be expected after a 2 month break) but I was pretty proud of this Lady Kill. Yeah I know I mostly just stand there and pew pew (unless I am MCed which ALWAYS happens to me) but yeah...I didn't suck...too much...

So you ask...does this mean the alt project is a no go?

NEVER!

In fact I have an update on Bella. She made it to 10! And therefore more polls/questions must be asked! See we are raiding Tues, Thurs and Mon - so that leaves my weekends free and clear for alt leveling goodness (that and trying to find some good ways to make money on a new server without her alt support system so I can pay for repairs, enchants etc...) So keep your eye open for more Bella fun!

(P.S. - I have screenshots...but they are at home...FAIL!)

No comments:

Post a Comment